When Angela and I knew that her second daughter, Aliyah, and Naomi would be only four months apart, we were so excited! And both girls~ doubly excited. I knew there would be so much to share (clothes, playdates, secrets, milestones.... just life) and it was going to be a blast, but I don't think I fully realized just how special it was going to be for me too. Since I didn't have any cousins growing up, I know what a gift it will be for Naomi to have these relationships in her life. Angela and I have prayed our girls will have strong bonds with each other. I know what a tremendous blessing it has been to have my sister throughout my own life. If our girls grow together anything like we did, oh how my heart completely swells with joy. What precious relationships she will have made right from birth!
It is really an amazing thing to watch them interact. Caelyn has been so good with the little girls. She is very loving and helpful, never failing to pop in a misplaced paci or getting a diaper and changing her baby right alongside. She is very maternal already and it is just adorable. Aliyah is so in tune with Naomi. As soon as they locked eyes, they were friends (I just know it). Aliyah reaches out for Naomi to hold hands or touch her face and Naomi is just glued on her. They are wiggle partners and already chat up a storm with each other. Naomi usually has a playdate once a week with the girls and it is always so much fun. I was surprised at how early she was able to interact with them. At only a couple weeks old, she was making eye contact and studying them. I think it thrills her to be around some people her size!
At two days old Caelyn already had tons of love for Nomi (not to mention Uncle G and Auntie Lulu)
Check out that stare!
Cousins are many, best friends are few,
what a rare delight to find both in you.
*~* Cousins are friends that will love you forever *~*
As babies, our girls have shared clothes and toys and some precious "baby babble." But as they get older, hopefully they will treasure very special memories of growing up together and the gift of lifelong friendship. It's such a privilege to share life with family and we are so grateful because we know they are truly a blessing from God.

Super sweet!!! I love the videos too, and the cousin quotes are so adorable! I am so glad we can share these times together!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you treasure how close Naomi, Caelyn, and Aliyah will grow up. Eliana's cousins are much older than her (5, 15, 15, and 22 years older),and are two hours away. It is a real blessing to have family close by and little ones to grow up with!
ReplyDeleteEliana and Kyle loved the video updates too!