Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 27, 2011

May 20, 2001


My relationship with Greg goes way back... we're talking years and years.  We met in fourth grade Sunday school class at Valley Baptist Church.  I remember him back then as being one of those boys that antagonized me as most little boys do to little girls.  But right from the beginning, we were friends.  We flirted and even "went out" in 6th grade for a very short week or so?!  Many people have told me over the years that Greg loved me from the very beginning.  I never knew that was so until later on.  Regardless, our friendship continued and strengthened.  It lasted through the akward years and into high school when things really started developing.


The big turning point for our friendship was the end of junior year beginning summer of 2001.  We were going to be seniors in high school.  Life was bliss.  I remember feeling so excited to always be with Greg.  He made everything fun and I was always, always laughing.  (To this day, I love how he can make me laugh!)  But I also knew that I was feeling more for him than just a good friend.  So as unorthodox as it may be, I outright told him the I liked him.  He was overwhelmingly excited too (although he did not let it on), but told me that he would like to take me out.


Our first date was May 20, 2001.


Ten years later on May 20, 2011 at 2:09 p.m., Greg and I held our baby daughter for the first time.  Naomi was the greatest anniversary present we could have ever received.  We are so incredibly blessed to have her join our family.  It is so special to think that of all the days she could have been born, the Lord chose that day especially for her and us.  I am so thankful for her life, for my husband, and for all the time we have had together as a couple and now all the precious time we will spend together as a family. 


I love you Greg.  Thank you for being there for me.  Happy Belated Father's Day!  You are the best husband, daddy, and friend I could have ever asked for.

May 20, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment